[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P lockups (FXO)

Alok K. Dhir adhir at symplicity.com
Wed Aug 25 07:08:19 MST 2004

Hey all - we have two TDM400P cards in an SMP Redhat9 box, with 4 FXO
ports each running thel latest Asterisk CVS.

Users connect to this to share POTS lines using analog phones connected
to Sipura SPA-2000 boxes.  All works reasonably well, except every day
(or more) a line will get "locked up".  No other way to describe it
really -- the line just stops working, so if someone tries to dial out,
and they happen to get assigned that port, all they hear is silence.

The only way to unlock the port is to stop asterisk, and unload and
reload the zaptel drivers (service zaptel restart), and then restart
asterisk.

I've seen other posts on the list referring to similar (same?) issues,
but no resolutions.  I have been staying current with the CVS version
biweekly in hopes the problem will get resolved at some point.  I have
contacted Digium support (via email) about the issue.

Has anyone made any headway with this problem?

Thanks,

Al

--
Alok K. Dhir <adhir at symplicity.com>