[Asterisk-Users] SMP Performance

mattf mattf at vicimarketing.com
Wed Aug 25 07:14:18 MST 2004

We are currently running 4 asterisk servers in production all running SMP
and performance is better under SMP than non-SMP. Right now we are averaging
just under 20,000 calls (both in and out) a day on those 4 servers.

As for the "BEST" VOIP phone, that is certainly up for debate. Here are my
opinions:
	Cisco phones work well but are expensive
	Polycom phones are extremely similar to the Ciscos but are much
cheaper.
	3com phones are tricky to set up with Asterisk
	Snom phones are very good but take some getting used to
	I don't know of many people who have successfully set up Nortel VOIP
phones on asterisk
	Avaya as always is expensive for what you get
	Pingtel's are pretty but there are current and future support and
compatibility issues so I've heard
	Mitel VOIP phones work but do not offer enough features to justify
the cost right now
	Grandstream phones are cheap(enough said)
	Sipura Analog adapters are very configurable and much cheaper than
Cisco ATA

Hope this helps.

MATT---