[Asterisk-Users] SMP Performance

joachim zoachien at securax.org
Wed Aug 25 07:04:20 MST 2004

Another question, will you be needing 25 extensions of 25 simultaneous lines ?
What compression will you be using ? g729 ?

If its 25 extensions and max 3 simultaneous lines or so and you are not
using g729, i guess any p3 or higher will do the job just fine.
If you need 25 simultaneous g729 encodings, a p4 would be most appropriate.

But, a quad xeon will work just fine, i'm using several hyperthreaded dual
xeons for the job. (looks like 4 processors to asterisk).

Cheers,

Joachim.