[Asterisk-Users] Individual call-forwarding on ISDN

Stefan Neufeind asterisk.org at stefan-neufeind.de
Wed Aug 25 03:56:08 MST 2004

Hi,

I'm looking forward to install an asterisk-server to perform ISDN-to-SIP-
bridging. But for the times when I'm not available via SIP I also need call-
forwarding-features. Afaik it is possible to directly forward a call on ISDN
instead of opening a second ISDN-channel additional to the incoming-ISDN-
channel and forward the call "by hand", right?

What if I need features like "ring for 3 seconds, if not reachable divert call
to a different number" or something. Is that possible with Asterisk? Is it
possible without using an additional channel?

Can I detect if the phone I'm trying to redirect to is maybe unavailable and
itself wants to redirect me (unavailable mobile phone, which would redirect the
call again - e.g. to the voice-mail)?

Can I give the caller a message like "please stay tuned" while Asterisk
searches for me?

Can I try multiple destination-phonenumbers at once? E.g. ring three phones -
if I pickup one, divert incoming call to that destination.

Your feedback would be very much appreciated. Thank you!

  Stefan Neufeind