[Asterisk-Users] Closing bug reports without fixing the reported problem

Rob Wise robwise at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 23:01:19 MST 2004

While this is more a question for the bug system admins, it does
impact on the whole Asterisk community so I'm going to ask it here.

Why does it seem to be normal procedure to close bug reports which
have not been resolved?  Twice now bug 1915 has been closed off
without a solution being found, much to the protest of those who are
suffering from the reported problem.  I am curious to know why this is
being done as it does not seem beneficial in any way to the Asterisk
project to hide problems by closing the ticket rather than leaving
them open so they can be worked on.

I also am curious to know what other members of the community think of this.

Rob

Disclaimer: I am one of those affected by the bug, and it is still
present in today's CVS head.