[Asterisk-Users] how to collect user entered digits

John Millican john at millican.us
Tue Aug 24 19:29:32 MST 2004

Thanks all for your patience. I found my answer in a post on a totally
unrelated question (I new if I kept reading all posts ...)  saw this in a
post for call forwarding.
exten => *72,1,Answer
exten => *72,2,Wait(1)
exten => *72,3,BackGround(allison7/please-enter-your)
exten => *72,4,Playback(extension)
exten => *72,5,Playback(then-press-pound)
exten => *72,6,Playback(beep)
exten => *72,7,Read(fromext)

Had not seen anything on "Read" anywhere else, must have been looking in all
the wrong places. this is a simple solution to my problem.  I have been
reading VOIP-info.org wiki, asterisk handbook, google searches.  Can anyone
point me to some other places that I can search through?
John