[Asterisk-Users] sip to sip calls thru asterisk

Karl Brose khb at brose.com
Tue Aug 24 18:31:42 MST 2004

It's not clear how you are making the call.

You should be able to call directly from either phone to the other by
dialing 5011 or 5012, respectively, if
your context "local"  indeed contains the those extensions, which is not
clear from your configuration excerpts.

But it seems you are calling another user on carolina.net, who is
registered with that provider from your asterisk,
so the call will loop back to Asterisk.   SIP does not really have a
good way to handle such loopbacks, and
therefore you get the error.
If you want to make this work you need to load a second SIP channel
driver on your asterisk listening on a different port,
The changes are not difficult.

It also seems that both phones are sitting on the same IP address and
port,  how can that be?
Oh, I see the error message is actually coming from the sip phone, and
it's because those phones
have the same IP address, and therefore a loop is detected there.  Is
this just ONE phone with two
proxy-accounts or personalities?