[Asterisk-Users] system reboot often?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Aug 24 18:29:10 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 19:54, Michael George wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 21, 2004 at 08:35:22AM -0500, Lyle Giese wrote:
> > This doesn't answer your question completely, but I have noticed that
> > inserting and removing the kernal modules doesn't work all that well and
> > that rebooting is a better answer at that point.
> >
> > Have you verified that you are not IRQ sharing?  * really doesn't like that,
> > even though other applications are ok with it.
>
> If * doesn't like IRQ sharing, how can I scale up a machine with several Zap
> card?  Or is it okay to share IRQ's with other Digium cards?

It isn't advisable to have "many" Zap cards in a machine. If you are
adding analog cards, you quickly run out of PCI slots before you get
very far. If you are adding T1/E1 cards, you quickly get to a point
where it is too risky to have that many circuits on a single x86 PC. The
whole point of X86 PCs is that they are cheap enough to put several in
use when you need it instead of building one behemoth machine.