[Asterisk-Users] [Asterisk Users] Help with SIP Hosted Billing Service

E Samuels support at biz4web.com
Tue Aug 24 15:20:54 MST 2004

Hello All,

I am trying to connect to a third party's SIP based Hosted Billing service
that supports G729 as I have found it difficult to get hold of prepaid
billing solution for Asterisk.  I was able to get an IAX2 connection working
fine with another provider but as I am unable to find a billing service that
supports IAX/IAX2, I need to connect to a hosted billing service using SIP
and G729.

I have purchased and installed the G729 licenses from Digium as required.

My endpoints are Xten Pro and Snom.

I am not sure what the problem is but this is my dial plan in
extensions.conf

[default]

include => incoming

include => from-iax

include => from-sip

include => iaxtel-outbound

include => sip-pstn

include => iax2-pstn

[sip-pstn] **I am not certain if this is correct.

exten => _81NXXNXXXXXX,1,SetCallerID(123456)

exten => _81NXXNXXXXXX,2,SetCIDName("Myself")

exten => _81NXXNXXXXXX,3,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN:1}@someprovider,60,tr)

exten => _81NXXNXXXXXX,4,Congestion

[iax2-pstn]

exten => _0[1-9].,1,Dial(IAX2/12345678 at someprovider/44${EXTEN:1})

exten => _00.,1,Dial(IAX2/12345678 at someprovider/${EXTEN:2})

If anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to listen.

Thanks in Advance.

Errol