[Asterisk-Users] Inband DTMF is not supported on codec G.711u-law. Use RFC2833

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Tue Aug 24 15:05:10 MST 2004

Is this message coming from * or from Kphone? That's the stupidest error
I've ever seen, of course In-Band DTMF works over U-Law and A-Law... in fact
it ONLY works on U-Law and A-Law and not reliably on any other...

If this error is coming from *, and I can't believe it is, then you have a
codec problem... If the error is coming from Kphone you will need to
complain to them that their DTMF generation/handling code is FUBAR...

I use In-Band DTMF on my GrandStreams all the time and it works perfectly...
Even in Comedian Mail...

    -Chris