[Asterisk-Users] Bell Canada Caller-ID

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Tue Aug 24 12:55:43 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 10:07, Matt G wrote:
> Has anyone gotten CID from Bell Canada to work properly with *?
>
> We have our * box down at our datacentre in St Louis, and whenever we
> call it from a Bell Canada Telephone line, all we see is '' for the CID.
> I did some digging on google and the mailing lists and couldn't find
> anything pertaining directly to Bell-Canada and * CID, but didn't find
> much. I did however find :

We have had CID working from the very beginning (well, not quite...had
to insert a Wait(1) after answering, after which CID worked flawlessly).

We have a TDM400P, so it's not quite the same setup as your's.  However,
CID works here, so I'm not sure it's a Bell problem.

We do have hangup detect problems though.  It used to work, but now it
doesn't - completely clued out as to why.

Anyway, perhaps it's just a matter of having to use a "Wait" after
answering the line.

HTH,

Ranbir

--