[Asterisk-Users] determining what number was dialed?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Tue Aug 24 11:29:17 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-24 at 08:44, Paul Concepcion wrote:
> Thanks for the explanation, I'm checking with my boss now to see if we
> do have hunt groups set up. For now we have 2 companies to service
> with our PBX and 8 lines, so we could probably split it 4/4 or 5/3.

If you split it, you will want to make sure the hunt groups don't cross
over and they don't wrap around. Once that is set, you can physically
seperate them, at the point they go into the channel bank, TDM card or
whatever. Then the logical seperation inside of asterisk is that you
have them come in under different contexts in the dialplan.

Once you understand the technology, the rest becomes much clearer.