[Asterisk-Users] Re: newb question regarding DTMF

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Tue Aug 24 10:12:29 MST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Erik Anderson" <erikerik at gmail.com>
To: <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 2004 9:03 AM
Subject: [Asterisk-Users] Re: newb question regarding DTMF

> On Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:20:58 -0500, Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail.com>
wrote:
> > Hello all - I'm just starting to play around w/ asterisk, and I've run
> > into a seemingly simple problem that has really manged to frustrate
> > me...
> >
> > I'm running the latest cvs version of *, and am trying to dial in to
> > the default extention 1000 demo using x-lite.  I can dial and hear the
> > greeting no problem, but when I try and send any DTMF tones, I don't
> > get any response.  Is there something specific I need to set in my
> > sip.conf to allow DTMF?
>
> Bump....
>
> Any advice?

Is the dtmfmode= line in your sip.conf the same as the dtmfmode in your
X-Lite Client? If not, * will not be able to understand DTMF coming from the
client once an extension has been dialed and pushed onto the SIP stack...

I believe X-Lite defaults to using RFC2833 DTMF, so make sure in your X-Lite
context in sip.conf that you have set dtmfmode = rfc2833...

Be sure to check out the samples provided in the Asterisk/configs directory
as well as...

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+sip.conf

    -Chris