[Asterisk-Users] Guide to getting started with Asterisk on MacOSX

Sunrise Ltd stsltdtyo at yahoo.co.jp
Mon Aug 23 10:30:27 MST 2004

For the record, I have put up a Wiki page with a 'Guide to
getting started with Asterisk on MacOSX'

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Getting+Started+on+MacOSX

Some sections are still incomplete, still working on them.

Note that this is based on using the various GUI tools we
released, so there is intentionally nothing about
configuration files nor CLI commands and it should stay
this way.

In other words, this is less interesting for the Asterisk
savvy readership of this list, but it will be helpful for
newcomers searching the archives.

Also, you may want to use this as a pointer to give to the
kind of newbie user who is too busy to learn Asterisk.
Tell them to get an old iMac from the junkyard or a second
hand shop. I picked one up for 80 bucks last week and it's
already been repurposed as a family PBX for a guy who
always bothered me but never followed the pointers I gave
him to read. It took 1 minute to install and 3 minutes to
configure.

rgds
benjk

--
Sunrise Telephone Systems Ltd
9F Shibuya Daikyo Bldg., 1-13-5 Shibuya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan