[Asterisk-Users] SIP "unphones"

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Mon Aug 23 07:55:48 MST 2004

Does anyone know if there are additional SIP devices out there which
aren't phones?  I'm basically looking for a fully-automatic SIP
speakerphone.  I'd like to be able to dial a sip-extension and make an
announcement (PA) and/or simply listen in to a room (baby-monitor).
Yes, I know, some of the more advanced phones can be configured to
behave like that, but it seems to a waste of money to have all those
fancy displays and keys tucked away behind a speakergrille and drywall.

BTW, I'm not dead-set on SIP, but it seems to be the most logical
protocol for this app (NOTIFY msg can carry directions on
mike/speaker/two-way, etc)