[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7940 Question

Christopher L. Wade clwade at sparco.com
Mon Aug 23 07:07:26 MST 2004

Hi all,

I know this is a stupid question, but it is one I've been trying answer
for quite some time.  Exactly how many simultaneous calls can the Cisco
7940 have, considering you can be talking to one, and have XXX others on
hold?  Using SIP, is XXX only 1?  I've found documents in various places
indicating different values in regard to the max number of calls the
phone can handle.  I'm just trying to nail down the exact number when
the phone is only assigned one directory number (extension).

Thanks,
Chris