[Asterisk-Users] Re: SpanDSP/RxFax help...

Carlos Hernandez carlosh at linuxservices.co.nz
Sun Aug 22 16:13:25 MST 2004

About faxing, anyone tried this?

How about instead of sending the fax to a tiff file, dial an FXS
extension, where you'll have either a dedicated fax machine, or a
Hylafax-connected modem, so you handle all your faxes though hylafax?

I have hylafax running succesfully, and can send and receive already
using an external modem.. so, if I plug the modem's phone line to a
zaptel FXS, I'll be able to do:

exten => fax,1,Dial(Zap/X)
exten => fax,2,Hangup

You could centraly handle faxes on hylafax.. and email the tiffs after
that...

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this. I'll be trying this later on..

Carlos H.