[Asterisk-Users] Sipura partners with Linksys for new combo router/SIP ATA

Kevin Walsh kevin at cursor.biz
Sun Aug 22 03:45:44 MST 2004

Jay Milk [jay at skimmilk.net] lazily top-posted:
> Linksys is in bed with Cisco, Cisco has the (lousy) ATA-186, and Linksys
> sells the PAP2-NA -- yet the user-guide DOES show Sipura commands, so
> it's very likely a Sipura.  What's wrong with these people?  :)
>
> ftp://ftp.linksys.com/datasheet/pap2_ds.pdf
> ftp://ftp.linksys.com/pdf/pap2_ug.pdf
>
> SPA-2000 street price is around $90.
> PAP2-NA street price is around $50 -- if you can find a site where it's
> not backordered.
>
> Is anyone using the PAP2-NA with Asterisk, or do I get to do the honors
> to order and review one?

You get the honours.

If you don't like it for any reason then you can send it back with this
quote from their datasheet PDF:

    With an appropriate Internet telephone service provider, you'll
    get clear telephone reception and reliable fax connections, even
    while using the Internet at the same time for normal data operations.

That's unless they have some special wizardry in there to justify their
claim of "reliable fax connections" over a VoIP link.

 _/ _/    _/          _/ _/     _/    _/  _/_/    kevin at cursor.biz