[Asterisk-Users] hangup question

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at MIT.EDU
Sat Aug 21 00:07:30 MST 2004

Hi,

I realize that this topic has been hashed and rehashed a lot of times on
this list, but none of the information I was able to find quite fits my
case.

I seem to have disconnect supervision, namely the light on the handset
turns off for ~2 seconds when the other side hangs up, and I have fxs_ks
signalling set up on the X100P (clone... it's an IA92) card.

Here are a few scenarios of what can happen:

(a) SIP -> * -> PSTN; PSTN hangs up, * doesn't notice
(b) PSTN -> * -> SIP or other extension; PSTN hangs up, * notices
(c) SIP -> * -> PSTN; SIP hangs up, PSTN (my cell phone in this case)
does not hang up for another almost exactly 10 seconds.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what may be going on? (I've also
tried IAX1 and IAX2, they behave same as SIP as far as I can tell) Also,
when SIP hangs up, * lists something along the lines of "Hungup
'Zap/1-1'", but when I make normal calls to my cell phone and hang up,
the cell phone hangs up immediately.

Suggestions very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Ilia Mirkin