[Asterisk-Users] Adding macros causes ringing to fail

Chris Shaw chriss at watertech.com
Fri Aug 20 16:35:44 MST 2004

Ok.. this is really wierd... I just cleaned up my dialplan a bit by adding
some macros with a strange side effect...

On my incoming context which has no macros in it, far end ringing used to
work... now that I have macros defined, far end ringing has stopped working
all together...

The macros DO work, but when they transfer, the far end ringing sounds
terrible and even skips a few rings...

If I remove the macros and put things back the way they were, things return
to normal... This is VERY wierd...

    -Chris

Chris Shaw
IS Manager