[Asterisk-Users] Testing a channel's status

Luke Cyca lcyca at nutok.com
Fri Aug 20 16:07:05 MST 2004

Hello,

I'd like to be able to see if a channel is use and handle the call
differently if it is.  The best I can find is the command
ChanIsAvail().  The problem is, I have an snom200 phone which does call
waiting, so even if it is engaged in a call, a second channel is still
available on it.  I would like to be able to differentiate between
these two cases:  no calls engages,  or calls engaged.  Is there any
way to do that?

Turning off call waiting on the snom200 is not an option.

Here's why I need this to work:

exten => 9,2,ChanIsAvail(SIP/6001)
exten => 9,3,Dial(SIP/6001,20)
exten => 9,103,Dial(SIP/6001&SIP/6002&SIP/6003)

So if 6001 isn't already on the phone, only their phone rings.
If 6001 is on the phone, then the call is sent to 2 other phones as
well 6001.

Can this be done?  Is there a better way?  Thanks very much.

-Luke Cyca
Swift Current Public School Division #94