[Asterisk-Users] determining what number was dialed?

Steven Critchfield critch at basesys.com
Fri Aug 20 13:29:25 MST 2004

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 15:23, Chris Shaw wrote:
> Why not use separate contexts for these lines in zapata.conf? Seems way
> simpler to me...
>
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+config+zapata.conf

Who said they are seperate lines. 1-800 numbers can just be redirects to
other lines. In that case you have to have a different signaling method
to determine 1800-a on line b is different from 1800-c on line b.

In a PRI circuit, the "lines" are just channels, all signaling data is
run over the D channel and any "line" can be any number routed to that
circuit.