[Asterisk-Users] CDR problems with MySQL

Joshua McClintock joshm at singlestep.com
Fri Aug 20 13:23:29 MST 2004

Can you connect to mysql from the command line with the user/pass you
setup?

Also, when you test make sure you add: -h localhost to the flags you
pass 'mysql'.  This will make sure it doesn't try connecting via the
unix domain socket.  The permissions in the 'mysql' db may be set not to
allow localhost connections, but unix domain sockets are allowed.

So try this:

mysql -h localhost -u <user> -p -d <dbname>