[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk PBX Functions via SIP phone

James Freire JFreire at Comtech21.com
Fri Aug 20 09:09:05 MST 2004

Hi All,

I am using a Grandstream BT100 and I have been trying to get the PBX features to work for DND, call foward, etc. These functions do work when I use my POTS phones hooked up to my Zap cards. But I cannot get the PBX functions (ie *78, *79) to work using my SIP phones. Is there a feature that has to be enabled to do this? I know these functions are available within the GS phone but all of them seem to just show the phone as being busy, even though, say, call foward is supposed to foward. It just makes the phone busy. I figure it would be easier just to have asterisk handling all those PBX functions.

Thanks,

James