[Asterisk-Users] spandsp

William Glynn wglynn at freedomhealthcare.org
Fri Aug 20 06:40:35 MST 2004

> > I use an X100P. SMP (2 celeron 400) 440 Mb RAM, with RH73
> > kernel 2.4.26, libtiff 3.5.7. So could be an SMP issue ...
>
> Bingo! Maybe spandsp isn't SMP friendly...thus it doesn't work with
> multiprocessor/hyperthreading systems? Can anyone confirm this?
> Eventually, try booting your system with a non-SMP kernel,
> just to see what happens.

No dice. Compiled and booted a uniprocessor kernel; it successfully
received more data this time, but still not even half a page. This
is sounding an awful lot like a race condition somewhere between
Asterisk and SpanDSP, and I don't know the threading model of
either well enough to be useful in tracking this down.

Well, at least we know it's not that. :-)

I think I'll try faxing over IAX to see if getting Zaptel out of
the loop does anything.

--Will Glynn