[Asterisk-Users] Re: telnet and Root

Roberto Piola Roberto.Piola at gruppoih.it
Fri Aug 20 03:31:28 MST 2004

you can login as root only on the console or on the lines listed in
/etc/securetty

if you want to log in remotely as root, you can either:
- log in as a regular user and then issue the "su -" command in order to
become root
- use a ssh client (secure shell) instead of telnet (well, you can disable
root access in ssh as well)