[Asterisk-Users] Where to purchase ISDN (BRI) cards in Australia (preferably)

Matthew Enger menger at xi.com.au
Thu Aug 19 22:03:13 MST 2004

Hello Shaun,

The AVM cards bought in Australia are Atick certified, hence the extra
cost (although the card is identical to overseas models). Hence the
extra cost.

If you don't care about certification, I personally would try and get
HFC-s cards off ebay. They are very cheap and should work better then
capi especially when it comes to echo. It also gives you timing through
zaptel. Problem is the card costs less then the shipping :(

Regards,
	Matthew Enger
	menger at xi.com.au

On Fri, 2004-08-20 at 14:21, Shaun Ewing wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was wondering if anybody knows where one might obtain a PCI ISDN
> card supporting a single BRI for use with Asterisk in Australia (and
> using something like chan_capi).
>
> Because of the Isdn4Linux DTMF issue, I don't want one of those cards.
> I've already spent too much time messing about with my current card.
>
> I'm after something like the AVM Fritz! cards. I found one place that
> sells them, but when comparing to the prices they're available for
> overseas the pricing seemed a bit high.
>
> Other than that - if anybody has any recommendations for reasonably
> priced cards, I'm open to suggestions.
>
> If it's not possible - does anybody have any recommendations for
> retailers overseas? Some searching has found retailers in Germany with
> the information in German, but as I've only just started learning
> German I wouldn't be too comfortable constructing a query/etc.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Shaun
Matthew Enger <menger at xi.com.au>
Xintegration