[Asterisk-Users] Request for help designing an unusual * application

Jay Milk jay at skimmilk.net
Thu Aug 19 19:14:03 MST 2004

Doesn't sound too unreasonable or unusual -- my previous PBX had message
delivery.  In the sense of usability, I would probably move the prompts
around a little -- i.e. dial number, play a short prompt on answer, wait
for #, THEN play the customer message.  Might also give them opportunity
to rewind/replay or call back based on caller-id of the customer.

If you need this right away, one option might be to simply set up a
voicemail-box for after-hour requests, and then send a notification with
attached message to a mailing list, which in turn the tech's receive.
The could receive these messages on a PDA or similar and listen to the
message at their own convenience.