[Asterisk-Users] More on Broadvox

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Aug 19 16:38:45 MST 2004

It sounds like you're all getting caught up in double negative language.

Is broadvox suggesting you "have to" use silence suppression? If they
are, that's not correct as that wouldn't have a clue whether you are
transmitting silence or not. Continuous voice with silence suppression
looks just exactly like voice with no silence suppression.

If they are suggesting the sip negotiation process is trying to negotiate
something like "silence-suppression=off", and their equipment won't
handle _anything_ other then silence-suppression=on, then that sounds
like a short-coming of their equipment. Given how asterisk is constructed,
you'll never get * to do silence-supression=on.

So, if broadvox just started failing (I don't use them), what changed
on their side to force this requirement?

Sounds fishy as hell...