[Asterisk-Users] cisco phones w/ asterisk

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Thu Aug 19 16:14:51 MST 2004

> >The power of Christ compels thee.... Not to buy Cisco...
> >
> >hehe J/K
> >

> don't do that.  my employer wouldn't like me for poking fun at their
> products.  :-P
>
> actually, i'm planning an asterisk-based voip network and was thinking
> of using the 7940/7920 phones for the end stations.  i've heard both
> good and bad things from word-of-mouth, so now i pose the question
> here.  good idea to do?

Non-technical end users love the 7960/7940 phones, and they work very
well if properly configured, etc. No experience with the 7920, but
would guess they are about the same.

If you dig around, you should be able to buy these new from any of
several cisco resellers for about the same price as what several
folks are trying to sell them for as used. Also, insist that whoever
you buy the phones from provide an annual maintenance contract ($8/yr
US) in the deal. Nothing less.