[Asterisk-Users] Dial from AGI [MSG]

Morgan Gilroy Morgan at i2.net.uk
Thu Aug 19 13:08:38 MST 2004

Im using 'notransfer=yes' in the iax.conf so it shouldn't happen,
What I'm doing is bridging a 2 legged call over iax using .call files.
The .call file initiates the first leg and drops the user into a context
that calles an agi script that checks against a db (like max call length)
then automatically dials a set number.

What I want is for both parties to have the ability to hang up from
asterisks side, as it is when one (or both) hang up asterisk keeps the line
open for up to 90 seconds before timing out and dropping the call.

So I was hoping for a simple #* to hang up the call, ie # to transfer and *
is the exten to hang up.

As I understand it notransfer basically keeps both legs of the call on our
server so we get the CDR for that call too. If it wasn't set then it would
as you say, pass it off to the above IAX server.

I will have to try it outside the AGI script and see if it works directly in
the context.

Thanks for your help anyway :)
Morgan