[Asterisk-Users] Isdn4Linux and DTMF

Shaun Ewing sewing at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 11:51:26 MST 2004

Hello all,

I currently have an Eicon Diva Client isdn card using i4l. Outbound
dtmf doesn't work (and never has), but there has been an annoying
problem with false dtmf detection in calls (that could be triggered
easily by blowing into the receiver on the remote end).

I looked through the list and found two patches that need to be
applied - 1 to isdn_tty.c in the kernel, and another to
chan_modem_i4l.c in Asterisk.

This morning (and I say morning - because it's now 4:50am Friday here)
I was feeling adventurous, so I applied the patches and recompiled my
kernel.

Once that was done, I started up Asterisk and noticed that there was
no false DTMF (well - no dtmf was detected at all). Time for the
second patch.

I applied the second patch to chan_modem_i4l.c successfully and
recompiled Asterisk (make clean; make; make install). Unfortunately I
still can't get DTMF working.

I've included my modem.conf below in case there might be any settings
that could help:

[interfaces]

context=incoming-isdn
driver=i4l
language=en
type=autodetect

dialtype=tone

mode=immediate

features=noquelch,dtmf

group=1
msn=4627xxxx
incomingmsn=4625yyyy,4625zzzz,4627xxxx
device => /dev/ttyI0
device => /dev/ttyI1

If anybody knows anything that might help - any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Failing that - does anybody know where to buy an AVM Fritz!Card in
Australia? (or some card that plays nicely with ISDN and Asterisk and
doesn't use i4l)? I found one place that sells them but the price is
more than I was hoping to pay (when looking at what they're available
for from Germany, etc).

Thanks,

Shaun