[Asterisk-Users] spandsp

William Glynn wglynn at freedomhealthcare.org
Thu Aug 19 09:28:31 MST 2004

> > I'm seeing training errors that often stop fax machines from even
> > starting delivery, lots of errors from libtiff regarding unexpected
> > line lengths, and garbled data even if RxFax thinks it's okay.
>
> Strange. Which version of libtiff are you using?

I'm using Gentoo's tiff-3.5.7-r1 package, which appears to be built
from virgin (unpatched) 3.5.7 sources.

> > However, I've gotten TxFax to work reliably. Outbound faxing (with
> > a whole slew of scripts) is really quite slick. Oddly, faxing out
> > over a TE410P to the teleco and back produces identical results
> > from RxFax. That is, loopback doesn't function correctly.
>
> Strange, again. I've not tried loopback, but my incoming/outgoing faxing
> works like a charm, via SIP. I don't have any pstn hardware, my pstn
> interface is an experimental SIP gateway from my telco.

Interesting. u-Law, I assume?

> > Can you think of any other details in your configuration that might
> > pertain to SpanDSP? Would you be willing to post your binaries
> > somewhere?
>
> I've ztdummy loaded, for timing functionality. Since you own
> a TE410, I
> guess you don't need it at all. No sound card (so, no
> chan_oss/chan_alsa).
> Tipical machine's load: load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
> Maybe you've got high loads and timing gets critical?

Hmm... it's a dual Xeon 2.8 box with Hyperthreading, so I
wouldn't think timing should be an issue. Just to be thorough, I
managed to zero the machine load and I still only received ~1.2"
of fax before it decided that it would be a good time to break.

> Binaries? I don't think that would be a brilliant idea

I don't think so either, but at some point, I'll be willing to
try pretty much anything. I'll get back to you about binaries
in a private e-mail if I get really desperate. :-)

> But beware, worst things may happen (like strange segmentation
> faults).

Well, what version of glibc are you running? ;-)

--Will Glynn
Freedom Healthcare Group