[Asterisk-Users] Re: Echo SIP-T100P-PRI

Mike Schwartz mike at ziacom.us
Thu Aug 19 07:42:45 MST 2004

> > I'm experience echo on outgoing calls:
> >   Snom 200 ----> Asterisk ----> T100P ----> PRI ----> called party
> >
> > I am getting echo on the Snom 200 phone. The called party does not
> > hear the echo.

> Rule of thumb (i.e. a good starting point): if you hear the echo it is
> coming from somewhere else, your equipment mearly makes it noticable. In
> this case the echo is probably caused by an analog conversion at the
> remote party. This is quite common but for calls with a very short latency
> in the call path this is experienced as a reverb and not an echo.

Reverb might be a good description.

If this is the case--that my CLEC is the source of the echo/reverb when they do
a digital to analog conversion, is there anything I can do about it, except try
to cancel the echo? Can I ask them to change any settings? They have a 5E
switch. My collo is right next door--I just cross connect to get my PRI.

The echo I am experiencing is on local calls.

My * server is a dual-processor XEON (2.4 Ghz) Supermicro server. Its
relatively fast. I will reduce the number of taps, and I was also thinking of
decreasing the sample size on the phone from 20ms to 10ms.

thanks a lot!

- Mike

Michael Schwartz                             mike at ziacom.us
President                                     (646)285-6841
Zia Communications                     http://www.ziacom.us