[Asterisk-Users] my iaxy makes a strange noise...

Conrad Vermeulen conrad at novagrove.com
Wed Aug 18 12:34:46 MST 2004

Hi,

I recently acquired an iaxy device. Since I turned it on, the phone
makes a strange noise. Is this normal? I'm not sure if there is some
configuration that needs to be provisioned for it to quieten down.

With my LinuxJack, the phone was dead until it the device was enabled by
software, which is why I'm not sure if the behaviour of the iaxy is
normal.

I am a newbie with digium hardware and asterisk, so forgive me if this
is a stupid question.

I've got the iaxy provisioned and authenticated with asterisk, but when
I pick up the receive it sounds like a mini machine gun - 'dah dah dah
dah dah... ' with some static thrown in - note quite close to
dialtone....

Any help appreciated. I'd prefer it to be a configuration issue than a
hardware fault...

Many thanks.

Conrad