[Asterisk-Users] Newbie physical layout question

Paul D. Warnagiris warny1 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 18 12:14:39 MST 2004

Sorry for the very newbie-like question.  I have the
FXS part straight.  The part I don't understand is the
FX0 part.  Will I need the FX0 card if I am connecting
to a service like FWD?  My goal is to get rid of my
phone line all together.  I am under the impression I
will only need an FX0 if I'm connecting to the central
office side of the phone connection or to an existing
PBX.  Bottom line, will I need an analog connection
(regular phone line) if I'm trying to get my service
through FWD?  All of the documentation I've seen is
great, but if anyone knows of some good documentation
that explains the physical part of it I would
appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul

=====