[Asterisk-Users] Choppiness/Ticking sounds over LAN

Dana Nowell DanaNowell at cornerstonesoftware.com
Wed Aug 18 08:37:35 MST 2004

Some things I checked when I had a similar issue:

CPU usage
IRQ sharing
Network quality
 - drop packets
 - jitter
 - latency
 - QOS/priority

A lot of the network quality stuff boils down to network volume/busy and
path (routers/switches/bridges) or basically collisions and potential
drops/queuing at switch points.

Various tools I used include:
vmstat
ping