[Asterisk-Users] How to make RTP Packets NOT passing thru Asterisk?

Simone Ricci simone.ricci at cwnet.it
Wed Aug 18 07:37:07 MST 2004

> Hello All,
>
> Currently my setup uses Xlite and Asterisk and i found that all the RTP
> voice packets are transfered via the asterisk server from one xlite to
> another. Is there any possibility that we can make all the RTP Packets to be
> transfered directly between the two clients once the connection is
> established?.

Simply use canreinvite=yes in peers definition. But be sure to not use t
or T options in the dial command, because this forces asterisk to care
about rtp streams (to manage transfers).
BTW, you'll find this and others useful infos on www.voip-info.org,
under asterisk section. Please read it carefully before posting in
mailing list, thanks.

Cheers,
Simone.