[Asterisk-Users] pickup any call

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 18 04:50:26 MST 2004

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 04:54, Altus Snyman wrote:
> I want to know how to configure asterisk so that for instance if you
> press *5 it will pickup any ringing(unanswered) calls.

Yup this can be done -- just make sure your extension is in a pickupgroup that
matches the incoming line's callgroup (I'm assuming Zap interfaces here) --
your phone won't ring but you will be able to use *8 to pick up a ringing
line.

I use it here all the time and it works very well.  I have my home # ring a
"dummy" line at work (it doesn't ring anywhere, just gets the call in to the
office asterisk server) and then when my IM tells me I have an incoming call
I can *8 it and receive calls to my number at work.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew