[Asterisk-Users] Channel bank for asterisk

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Aug 18 04:48:02 MST 2004

On Wednesday 18 August 2004 07:14, Eran Gal wrote:
> Does anyone know which channel banks work well with asterisk.

I've used the Carrier Access Access Bank I and the Carrier Access Adit600.  I
*far* prefer the Adit600, even though it has an oddball form factor.  (It's
about 2U tall but only about 6 or 7 inches wide instead of 19).  It can
handle two T1s and is modular so you can have any combination of FXS and FXO
ports (in groups of 8).

The Access Bank I and II (II is the 2-T1 version of the ABI) work fine as FXS
channel banks, but their FXO modules do *not* detect far-end disconnect which
makes them practically useless for terminating FXO.

I believe others have used the Adtran TA750 or something along those lines,
but I'll let them comment, as I've never seen one.

-A.