[Asterisk-Users] Help Needed on these doubts

Mayank Mishra Mayank_Mishra at infosys.com
Wed Aug 18 03:43:53 MST 2004

My Requirements are

1) I need to simulate a commercial level PBX  ( Handling about 250
simultaneous calls ) using Asterisk.
    Is this possible?
    If yes then what is the hardware I need to procure for such an
Installation.

    Moreover would Asterisk be able to handle such a large simultaneous
volume of calls?

    What I need as output from Asterisk is Call Information ( Caller ID,
call duration, waiting time etc.) for each call.Is there someway to make
a packet of all this and
     send it as output from Asterisk.

2)The Asterisk server/installation should be able to read the common
input signal(being simultaneously read by another PBX)  from the PSTN to
the PBX kept in a location say for example a call centre.

3)The Asterisk server/installation should be able to simultaneously
handle analog phone calls, VoIP calls, IVR calls. Is that possible?

All in all can it function as a replica for a commercial level PBX?

Thanks,
Mayank