[Asterisk-Users] asterisk and qsig

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Tue Aug 17 18:08:27 MST 2004

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 21:00, aleph lammim wrote:
> I need to make asterisk connect to another device over a pri using QSIG
> signalling (master/slave). Is this feasible and has it been done before?

I am planning on doing something similar but with a Nortel MICS...  apparently
there is rudimentary QSIG support in Asterisk, but unfortunately the MICS
won't do QSIG unless you tell it it's outside of North America (which I
presume will screw up all the standard progress tones we Canucks are used
to) :-)

Nortel does have something proprietary called MCDN which I am hoping to
reverse engineer enough of to be able to light the MWI on their phones.

-A.