[Asterisk-Users] couple basic questions

james edwards hackerwacker at cybermesa.com
Tue Aug 17 16:29:27 MST 2004

> Answers of this kind are what turns people off to linux.  It would appear
> that some have the attitude of "if you don't know the basics then stay
> out".  Rmember you once asked stupid questions as well and answer with
> either the appropriate answer along with some education and pointers or
> don't answer at all.  Everyone has to learn sometime.  Also the only
> really stupid question is the one you didn't ask as my teachers used to
> say.

I think it is about reasonable expectations. There is a whole lot to know
about TDM/VoIP.
It is clear than to make * work well you also have to know a lot about
sysadmin issues, also.
* is not the place to start if you don't understand your chosen OS well.

I never was stupid enough to start projects like * before I had a good
understanding
of my OS.