[Asterisk-Users] BroadVOX

Mohammed Salim msalim at ezzitel.com
Tue Aug 17 13:09:56 MST 2004

Hi Guys,

I work with Dan and yes this whole Broadvox problem is a huge piece of
$#@$!!

However, I've noticed that there is a useragent= cmd that can be used in the
sip.conf. Right now it's set to useragent="Asterisk PBX".  I was wondering
if we change that to reflect a Cisco Gateway or something, will that mean
that Broadvox won't realize it's an asterisk PBX system.  In other words,
how exactly does the useragent= cmd work?

If we can fool them into thinking it's not asterisk, then they won't have a
problem. They claim that asterisk doesn't send correctly formatted sip
messages which is completely wrong! They are in cisco's back pocket is what
I think.  In any case, can someone please tell me if what I'm trying to do
is possible?

Thanks,
Mohammed Salim
EZZI Telecom