[Asterisk-Users] asterisk-wide variables

Kramer, R.D.J. R.D.J.Kramer at tue.nl
Tue Aug 17 08:44:36 MST 2004

Dear all,

I have an Asterisk box serving as gateway to a set of POTS phones that
all share the same telephone number, and I register this box as gateway
to a H.323 gatekeeper with the telephone number as the gateway prefix.

I am wondering if there is a way to have Asterisk-wide (perhaps to be
called 'universal') variables that can be used in all config files. As
far as I know, now e.g. in extensions.conf you can declare a 'global'
variable but it can only be used within extensions.conf.

As an example: I set the gateway's telephone number both in
extensions.conf, oh323.conf and phones.conf but I don't want to change
the same data in three separate files whenever I want to set a different
telephone number for the gateway.

Thanks for any advice/clarification,
Rene.