[Asterisk-Users] Polycom SoundPoint IP 500/600 XML minibrowser

Patrick asterisk at puzzled.xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 17 01:28:36 MST 2004

On Tue, 2004-08-17 at 08:54, Michael Devenijn wrote:
> They seem to be very good ! but where the hell could we buy them in Europe !?
>
> Michael

[snip]

If I understood Polycom's EMEA Product Manager correctly they have a
number of technology partners and you can only buy their phones when you
will be using them with one of those "approved" systems. Obviously this
will cost Polycom money as we will be forced to buy Cisco phones. The
Product Manager thought that that was not a good idea. I will follow up
with her to see if I can make them agree to let Asterisk resellers buy
Polycom phones. Maybe it will mean that a company (Digium or another
one) gets certified as a technology partner. Then that company can act
as a Polycom distributor/reseller. When I have more info I'll update the
list.

Regards,
Patrick