[Asterisk-Users] DID Questions

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Mon Aug 16 21:43:29 MST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Mike Roberts wrote:

> sip debug made no changes
>
> I can makes calls with my asterisk using X-lite softphone, I can even
> call the 877 number and it works perfectly! But when I call the 877
> number over the PSTN, it does nothing. A busy signal.

Try calling from a different provider, a calling card, a cell phone..
anything that uses a different part of the PSTN. Maybe you could try the
toll-free gateway on iaxtel, fwd, or another. I had a similar problem with
Voiceglo: they set up a DID and it worked fine for calls from any of the
local cell providers, as well as my calling card. But it simply wouldn't
work to call that number from the local Qwest exchange. Their techs told
me (I went to the source.. the CO) that it appeared that the CLEC Voiceglo
was using didn't have the number ported correctly and that they (the CLEC)
would have to fix it. Voiceglo never did anything about it, so I ended up
dumping them.

Anyway, if it turns out that you get different results when calling from
different parts of the PSTN, then you're right -- it's definitely a
provider problem.

Greg