[Asterisk-Users] Teliax TOS copied from Vonage?

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Mon Aug 16 19:14:01 MST 2004

At 5:57 PM -0500 on 8/15/04, Brad Ediger wrote:
>TelIAX, one of the new VoIP-to-PSTN gateway providers, has their
>terms of service posted on their signup page:
>
>http://teliax.com/user_admin/signup/s1.php
>
>They look strangely familiar--it's exactly the same as
>http://www.vonage.com/features_terms_service.php with
>s/Vonage/Teliax/. (And it's cut off about halfway through). Anyone
>else notice this?
>
>Brad

It is my understanding, at least in the United States, that it is not
possible to copyright contracts.  Thus, if someone has a contract you
like, you may use it.  (I am not a lawyer.  Use my advice at your
peril.)  Using someone else's blood-mon... er, lawyer's fees, seems
like a wise business decision if you're content with the result of a
non-customized contract.

JT