[Asterisk-Users] External MW Lamp On/Off

usedcanon usedcanon at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 15:10:20 MST 2004

Hi Greg,

checkout
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk%20config%20voicemail.c
onf

<---- From the same page ---->
externnotify
Want to run an external program whenever a caller leaves a voice mail
message for a user? This is where the externnotify command comes in handy.
Externnotify takes a string value which is the command line you want to
execute when the caller finishes leaving a message.

The way it works is basically any time that somebody leaves a voicemail on
the system (regardless of mailbox number), the command specified for
externnotify is run with the arguments (in this order): context, extension,
and number of voicemails in that mailbox. These arguments are passed to the
program that you set in the externnotify variable.

I will try and digout my script if I can.

Umar