[Asterisk-Users] DID Questions

Greg Hill gregh-asterisk at hillnet.us
Mon Aug 16 14:54:06 MST 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Mike Roberts wrote:

> Is there anyway to test if this call is touching my servers? Everyone
> is telling me the DID is fine. But I can't confirm that for sure. And
> I don't want to go ahead and start making changes to my config when
> the DID isn't even working in the first place.

as Eric suggested, iax2/sip debug is your friend. You could also run a
packet sniffer if you wanted to.

It is possible that the DID could be fine and your config broken: for
example, if your box isn't registering with the far end, then it may not
know what to do when somebody calls. The busy tones would be their switch
saying "sorry, I can't connect you." Likewise, a broken config could keep
calls from originating at your * and going out to them. A failing register
command would get announced on the CLI, as should a failure to establish a
call via sip/iax2.

Actually, I don't think you mentioned what transport you're using. We just
assumed that it's sip/iax2.

Greg